Thursday, July 26, 2012

Exhausting Week

So this week I'm helping out with my church's Vacation Bible School! After shepherding sixteen to eighteen kids five-year-olds around every morning, I'm pretty worn out by the afternoon, but I have Responsibilities in the afternoons anyway. Sometimes they even get done...

The kids are adorable, though sometimes they get in fights and a few had trouble adjusting to what we were supposed to be doing for the first few days. VBS closing is tomorrow (it's gone so fast!), and thus we wrap up a fun week.

Maybe I should focus on the wisdom that I pick up from the little church rituals that I didn't quite understand when I was five myself. Like what "This Little Light of Mine" actually means, which I hadn't really thought about in years... until now.

Take this light around the world, I'm gonna let it shine

Take this light around the world, I'm gonna let it shine

Take this light around the world, I'm gonna let it shine

Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

Take it around the world? In some ways, even though I never thought of it that way before, that's what I've been doing in making online friends around the world. I get to have deep conversations with people I might never have met otherwise, and I learn something from them, and they learn something from me.

I feel lucky now.

No comments:

Post a Comment