Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Things That Make Me Less Shy

Normally, I'm very nervous around people. I can't even talk to people in terms of ordering lunch if I don't know how to explain what I want. That said, there are a few things that make it easier...

I can always talk to someone who is walking a dog. Animals have always made me feel safer, and there's something that breaks down barriers about loving another creature.

People's T-shirts also tell me things about them. If I see someone go by with one of the four Hogwarts Houses' crests emblazoned on their chests, or a shirt that says "I <3 <3 Gallifrey," or a "BRONY" shirt like my brother's, or any other sign that they share my nerdly interests, I can compliment their shirt. It's a moment's worth of sharing something of meaning with another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment